Whether you have a large, small or backyard flock, help protect them by:
- Preventing any contact with wild birds and animals.
- Regularly cleaning equipment, hands and footwear.
- Reporting any signs of sickness to your poultry vet or CFIA.
- Limiting exposure to visitors.
- Keeping new birds separate for at least 30 days when entering your flock.
Avian influenza is not a food safety risk.
There is no evidence to suggest that the avian influenza virus can be transmitted to humans through the consumption of poultry and eggs.